The many benefits of the potato
In the past, the potato was seen as truffles from the earth, we see for the potato a future where it is once again considered a healthy and tasteful product of ours!
If the potato were to be discovered today, it would be described as SUPERFOOD.
*Potatoes are a source of:
• Vitamin B6, which contributes to a normal cysteine synthesis and a normal energy-yielding metabolism
• Potassium, which contributes to normal muscular and neurological function
• Vitamine C
Potatoes are very low in sodium/salt. Reducing sodium consumption contributes to maintaining normal blood pressure.
The potato does not contain:
Few calories and carbohydrates compared to other classic meal accompaniments
- 17% carbohydrates
- 76 cal per 100 grams
- 28% carbohydrates
- 130 kcal per 100 grams
- 29% carbohydrates
- 138 kcal per 100 grams
Lower ecological footprint
Greenhouse gas emissions
- 85% lower compared to rice cultivation
- 55% lower compared to pasta production
- Potato: 130 L for production of 1 kg
- Rice: 2500 L for the production of 1 kg of rice
Less fats & carbohydrates
Less greenhouse gas emissions
Less water consumption
In short, the potato is an extremely nutritious, vegetable, healthy and environmentally friendly product!